CCIS Lab Computing across campus
Welcome to the landing page for the CCIS Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). CCIS VDI enables faculty, staff, and students the ability to access managed CCIS desktops anywhere on campus, or remotely through the campus VPN.
What is VDI?
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, or VDI, refers to the process of running a user desktop inside a virtual machine that lives on a server in the datacenter. CCIS Systems has deployed VMware Horizon View to provide remote-desktop capabilities to users using VMware’s virtualization technology to managed CCIS Windows and Linux virtual desktops.
Why use VDI?
VDI enables CCIS Students, Faculty, and Staff the ability log in to a CCIS-Managed Linux or Windows computer to access the same environments as if you were at a lab computer in WVH. CCIS Virtual Desktops can be accessed from anywhere on campus utilizing the VMware Horizon Client.
Connect to CCIS VDI
CCIS VDI can be accessed both on and off campus. If you are connecting off campus please configure the Northeastern VPN along with Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Access to the virtual desktop using your active CCIS Account can be achieved through the following method:
- VMware Horizon Clients (preferred)
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS clients available
Already have the client installed? Use the following links to connect directly to our lab virtual desktops:
Help & Support
- KB0013461: About CCIS Lab VDI
- KB0013439: Accessing CCIS VDI through the VMware Horizon Client
- KB0013465: Accessing CCIS VDI through a browser
- KB0013462: Installing VMware Horizon for CCIS VDI
- Northeastern ITS: Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Remote Access – How To
- Northeastern ITS: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)