June 9 1:30 pm - 3:45 pm PDT
How is computer science used to fight cancer? Determine what movie YOU would enjoy? Drive a car?
Break into Tech – and learn how we use computer science to fight cancer, recommend movies and drive cars.
Each of these tasks requires computing and measuring relationships. Come to Break into Tech and learn this algorithm – how to compute the shortest distance in a network of relationships. We will look at how data is represented, how it is stored, and how it is used to answer questions like the ones above. No prior experience is needed, just bring your enthusiasm. Come and see that you could be a computer scientist. Register now for this complimentary workshop!
Attend CCIS’ Break Into Tech for an opportunity to:
- Experience computer science in action, and how it applies to your work and everyday life.
- Participate an in a mini project where you can collaborate with others and test out your new computer programming skills.
- Learn more about the CCIS Align program.
- Please note, participants must hold a bachelor’s degree or be a soon-to-be college graduate to participate.
- Register for this FREE event for a chance to get a taste of computer science. Spots are limited and based on a first-come, first-served.
Location: Northeastern University-Silicon Valley, 6024 Silver Creek Valley Road, San Jose, CA 95138 (Directions and Parking)
Date: Saturday, June 9, 2018
Time: 1:30-3:45 p.m.