The power of your degree
Our Master of Science in Information Assurance and Cyber Security combines an understanding of information security technology with relevant knowledge from law, the social sciences, criminology, and management. The MS in Information Assurance and Cyber Security program is designed for working professionals and recent graduates who want knowledge they can apply in their workplaces to assess and manage information security risks effectively.
Specific learning outcomes include:
- Building core knowledge surrounding computer system security and network security practices.
- Planning and implementing security strategies to reduce risk and enhance protection of information assets and systems.
- Understanding legal and ethical issues associated with information security, privacy, and digital rights.
- Enhancing communication skills for effective interaction with corporate management on IA/Cybersecurity-related issues.
Our MSIA graduates have found career success at a range of companies and government organizations, including:
- EMC Corporation
- MITRE Corporation
- US Army, Navy, and Air Force
- US Department of Justice
- US National Security Agency
Here’s what our graduates have to say about the MSIA program:
“The professors are not just scholars, they’re also practitioners in the industry. They teach you how to directly apply the foundations of security, information assurance, and risk management to the workplace through policies and technology.”
– John Wunder, MSIA 2008
Senior Software Systems Engineer, MITRE Corporation
“The program helped me find a dynamic field that interests me. I wanted to take away hard skills to become a practitioner in information security, and the program prepared me very well. It also has helped me think about technical aspects while keeping in mind that policy and human behavior influence technical solutions.”
– Samuel Jenkins, MSIA 2012
US Government Security Analyst
Learn more about earning your Masters in Information Assurance from a peer that can answer your questions from a student perspective.
MS in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Curriculum
Boston: On campus