CCIS professor Timothy Bickmore is developing a non-judgmental, tablet-based chatbot to improve quality of life for terminally ill patients and help those people consider difficult end-of-life issues like funeral arrangements and last will and testaments.
- Tech Xplore: Mentioning what is hard to mention in chatbot for end-of-life preparation
- CNET: New chatbots will help people accept death
- Daily Mail: The end-of-life chatbot that could help terminally ill patients make difficult final decisions
- Vice: New Chatbots Will Help People Accept Death
- NU News: Professor designs chatbot to help, comfort patients in last years of their lives
- International Business Times: This chatbot could help the elderly make difficult end-of-life decisions
- New Scientist: End-of-life chatbot can help you with difficult final decisions