September 23 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Title: Break Into Tech: Silicon Valley
Location: Northeastern University Silicon Valley Campus
Want to know what it would be like to be in a computer science career? Now is your opportunity to test it out. Northeastern University’s BREAK INTO TECH Seminar provides an introduction to basic computing concepts for those with a non-technical background. The seminar will focus on giving a broad understanding of the fundamental and trending topics in computer science, using real-life examples to provide a hands-on experience. Learn from current ALIGN students and alumni to get an understanding of how data and algorithms appear in your everyday life.
Attend Northeastern University’s BREAK INTO TECH Seminar for an opportunity to:
- Experience computer science in action, and how it applies to your work and everyday life.
- Participate an in a mini hack-a-thon where you can collaborate with others and test out your new computer programming skills.
- Learn more about Northeastern’s Computer Science ALIGN program and have your application fee waived.
Please note, a bachelor’s degree or soon-to-be college graduate is preferred for participation.
Register for this FREE seminar for a chance to get a taste of computer science. Spots are limited and based on a first-come, first-served basis and you may be placed on the waitlist.
What to expect:
- You will be guided through an intro to the basic concepts of computing and programming.
- Understand and experience first-hand how computer science is used in your everyday life.
- Test your new skills to re-program an Amazon Dash Button.