CCIS has a small college feel with all the resources of a major research university. The culture is collaborative and team oriented, and over time most students develop a strong sense of community and belonging by joining and leading student groups at CCIS and Northeastern. We encourage you to get involved and take advantage of the many resources available—and then later give back to the college, university, and wider communities.
CCIS student groups
CCIS offers a diverse range of groups and organizations, including:
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) – The Northeastern University chapter of ACM takes your computer science knowledge beyond the classroom. Attend tech talks, workshops, coding competitions, and more, as well as social events to meet students and faculty (like “Geek Week,” game nights, and barbecues).
- nuWit – Northeastern University Women in Technology aims to foster a diverse community of women interested in computer and information science who support and encourage each other to reach their full potential. Connect at academic and social activities, including tech talks, student panels, and workshops.
- NU Hacks – This student-run community of artists, programmers, makers, breakers, and hackers meet to work on projects and discuss technology, design, and ethics.
- Game Development Club – The Northeastern University Game Development Club offers students across all majors a place to learn about game design and the gaming industry. Explore your passion for game design with like-minded students, and attend lectures and events that offer practical knowledge of the field.
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon Honor Society (UPE)
Northeastern student groups
The university’s student clubs and organizations, including the Student Government Association, provide a venue to develop your leadership potential. Academic and professional societies connect you to a network of accomplished professionals in your field. You’ll find athletic clubs, performing arts groups, cultural organizations, and everything in between.