Celebrating the accomplishments of the CCIS community
CCIS annually honors outstanding faculty, alumni, industry partners and students. This year's celebration and awards ceremony took place on May 2nd at the Fenway Center. Good food, drinks and music were enjoyed by all. Greg Waters (at right), our Outstanding Alumnus, participated by video conference.
CCIS Awards 2017
• Outstanding Alumnus Award: Gregory L. Waters, MSCS, ’89
The Outstanding Alumnus Award honors an outstanding CCIS graduate who, through his or her actions has demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of our students while making significant, progressive achievements in his/her field, impacting our industry and community, bringing distinction to themselves, CCIS and Northeastern University.
• Outstanding Corporate Partner Award: Charles River Development
The CCIS Outstanding Corporate Partner Award recognizes outstanding dedication of industry partners who support CCIS, its students, programs and academic mission.
• Outstanding Co-op Partner Award: PowerAdvocate
The Outstanding Co-op Partner Award honors a co-op employer who provides meaningful co-op experience, supports our programs, and offers several opportunities each semester to our students.
• Teacher of the Year: Ben Lerner
The CCIS Teacher of the Year Award honors the faculty member who has most influenced the academic experience in the CCIS community. Graduating CCIS students at all levels vote for this award.
• Undergraduate Research Award: James Larisch, BSCS, ’17
The Undergraduate Research Award recognizes a senior who has made a significant research impact.
• Undergraduate Teaching Award: Matthew Singer, BS/MS CS and Mathematics, ‘17
The Undergraduate Teaching Award recognizes a student with significant interest and impact in teaching.
• Undergraduate Community Service Award: Kaila Corrington, BSCS, ’17
The Undergraduate Community Service Award recognizes a senior who has gone above and beyond in making a positive impact on our community.
• MS Teaching Award: Deborah Olusanya, MSIA, ‘17
The MS Teaching Award recognizes a Masters student with significant interest and impact in teaching
• MS Community Service Award: Avanti Patil, MSCS, ‘17
• PhD Research Award: Amirali Sanatinia, PhD, ’17, and Sashank Narain, PhD in IA candidate
The PhD Research Award recognizes a doctoral student who has made a significant research impact.
• PhD Teaching Award: Britton Horn, Phd in CS, ‘19
The PhD Teaching Award recognizes a doctoral student with significant interest and impact in teaching.
• PhD Community Service Award: William Bowman, PhD in CS candidate
CCIS recipients of University awards 2017
Academic Honors Convocation
- Stacy Marsella, Klein Lectureship
Huntington 100 Finalists
- Kaila Corrington
- Brian Desnoyers
- Elliot Horen
- Grace Kampa
- Kurt Marcinkiewicz
- Erika McVey
- Julie Nergararian
- Raymond O’Connor
- Tevin Otieno
- Shivanjali Singh
The RISE Awards
- Benjamin Trapani
- Bryan Koch
- Shivaanjali Singh
University Co-op Award
- Dan Moran
2017 Outstanding Co-op Award
- Julie Nergararian